1 hr 10 mins
This is from a great Cajun Cookbook that a friend loaned to me as well as many other that I have posted on here. I hope that you enjoy them. I love this kind of food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped scallions
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 1/2 lb)
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- white pepper
- Tabasco sauce or other hot pepper sauce
- chopped fresh chives (to garnish)
- 1Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the onion and scallions.
- 2Cover and sweat gently for about 10 minutes or until very soft but not colored.
- 3Add the potatoes and water and bring to a boil.
- 4Cover again and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Let cool.
- 6Puree the soup in a blender or food processor and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- 7Add the milk, cream, lemon juice, and salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce to taste.
- 8Cover closely and chill well.
- 9Garnish with chives or scallion tops.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallion Vichyssoise
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.4
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.3 mg
- Sodium 108.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 6.3 g