Recipe by kolibri
This is some gorgeous finger food, I got the recipe from some food magazine ages ago. Would go well as a apetizer to a Chinese or maybe Mexican dinner. I would suggest using small tortillas, but if you only have bigger ones you also need a bigger frying pan.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Outstanding! The only change I would make next time, and there will be a next time, would be to add a few more scallions. Not too much, but maybe 3/4 cup. Otherwise, wouldn't change a thing. Thnx for posting, kolibri.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and the sesame oil.
- Put the tortillas on a flat surface and brush one side liberally with the egg-oil mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix the scallions and the cilantro.
- Divide the mixture between two tortillas, spread even but leave 1 inch border.
- Pour reminder of the mixture on the scallions, but make sure you don't overdo it and it doesn't flood.
- Top the filled tortillas with the remaining ones, brushed side down and press edges to seal. You might need to do this while frying too.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add one pancake and cook until crispy and golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the other tortilla.
- Cut pancake into six wedges and serve with a dipping sauce.