Team Rocco's Note:
Can be made with whatever fresh herbs you have on hand. Really delicious side dish for Turkey Meatloaf. Use yukon gold for a sweet and creamy flavor, or russet for a more starchy savory flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter potatoes (smaller if using russet's) and place in large pot with peeled garlic cloves.
- 2Cover with water and bring to boil.
- 3Boil for about 12-15 minutes or until fork tender.
- 4In the meanwhile, heat milk in microwave for 30 seconds to a minute until just warm.
- 5Drain potatoes and garlic and return to hot pot to dry slightly.
- 6Add milk, sour cream, scallions, salt and pepper, and smash to desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallion Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 53.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 10.2 g