Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can be made with whatever fresh herbs you have on hand. Really delicious side dish for Turkey Meatloaf. Use yukon gold for a sweet and creamy flavor, or russet for a more starchy savory flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes (or russet if on-hand)
- 5 garlic, gloves peeled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Quarter potatoes (smaller if using russet's) and place in large pot with peeled garlic cloves.
- Cover with water and bring to boil.
- Boil for about 12-15 minutes or until fork tender.
- In the meanwhile, heat milk in microwave for 30 seconds to a minute until just warm.
- Drain potatoes and garlic and return to hot pot to dry slightly.
- Add milk, sour cream, scallions, salt and pepper, and smash to desired consistency.