Recipe by Codychop
I recently joined a CSA and had to come up with a way to use this GIGANTIC bunch of scallions we got. This soup tasted good to me! The major ingredients need to be green onions and mushrooms, I just added the yellow squash because we got them in the CSA box (and they usually have a mild sweet flavor).The flavor was nice, not overpowering. I hope you like it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups chicken stock
- milk or cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Roughly chop up all the veggies and add to a soup pot with the butter.
- Fry over medium high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Puree to a smooth consistency in batches using a blender.
- Add salt to taste.
- Pour back into the pot and warm with a bit of milk or cream to make your desired consistency (I added about 1/2 of low fat milk).