Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Digs Magazine, May 2001
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large scallions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the couscous in a medium heat-proof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Cover with a lid and let sit for 8 minutes.
- While the couscous is steaming, heat the butter in a small sauté pan; sauté scallions and parsley for 2 minutes. Turn heat off, and add salt and pepper. Stir together.
- With a fork, stir couscous. When couscous is tender, add the scallion mixture. Mix well.
This was a simple side dish for our grilled meal. The scallions add fresh flavor to the couscous. I used a tri-color couscous and may rework the ratio of water to pasta in the future.
First time I've ever had couscous and I quite enjoyed it. I also added some dice red peppers and shallots and green onions. The technique for cooking was great. Thanks