Recipe by lazyme
I love soba noodle dishes and can't wait to try this one. From Weight Watchers Slim Ways Chicken.
Top Review by breezermom
I just loved this! Cooking time is very light....but can anyone tell me an easier way to get the stems off the watercress? I'm sure there is an easier way....this was the most time consuming part of the recipe lol! I made this exactly as posted, and it is delicious!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, chopped pared
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups watercress, stemmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces buckwheat soba noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat oil; add chicken.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, 3 minutes, until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add red pepper to chicken; cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
- Stir in ginger and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds longer.
- Add watercress and scallions ; cook, stirring frequently, until watercress is wilted and scallions are tender.
- Add noodles; cook, tossing constantly, 2 minutes.
- Stir in mirin and soy sauce; cook until heated through.
- EACH SERVING PROVIDES: 1/2 Fat; 3 1/4 Vegetables; 2 Proteins; 2 Breads; 15 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 306 Calories; 22 g Protein; 6 g Fat; 42 g Carbohydrate; 97 mg Calcium; 614 mg Sodium; 59 mg Cholesterol; 2 g Dietary Fiber, 6 points.