1/3 Photos of Scallion & Cheddar Drop Biscuits - Vegan
Kozmic Blues's Note:
Veganized from Gourmet Magazine. These were fantastic! Made for St. Patrick's Day 2012. They turned out fluffy and flaky and were so simple. I used Daiya brand vegan Cheddar cheese shreds, and reduced the amount of cheese to 1 full cup (instead of 1 1/2, which was in the regional recipe) I also used my Pampered Chef Large cookie scoop to make the drop biscuits puffy and even!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml almond milk, unsweetened (or unsweetened soy milk)
- 4.92 ml apple cider vinegar
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 88.74 ml Earth Balance buttery sticks, cold, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 236.59 ml vegan cheddar cheese, grated (I use Daiya brand)
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Add 1 tsp apple cider vinegar to 1 cup almond milk and set aside to curdle while you measure the dry ingredients.
- 3Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, then blend in the Earth Balance with your fingertips or a pasty cutter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Stir in the Daiya Cheddar and scallions.
- 5Add buttermilk and stir until just combined, do not over mix.
- 6Drop dough in 12 equal mounds about 2 inches apart onto a buttered large baking sheet.
- 7Bake in middle of oven until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallion & Cheddar Drop Biscuits - Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 349.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Earth Balance buttery sticks
vegan cheddar cheese