Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This butter recipe is one of two I am posting. It is recommended that this butter be brushed on lobster tails while cooking on the grill. The lobster tail should be butterfly cut, by cutting lengthwise through the tops of the shells, through the meat, but not through the bottom shell. Then press the halves apart with the fingers, do not break through the bottom shell. I believe that this could be used with the seafood of your choice, especially shrimp.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion top
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients, keeping warm.
- Use some for basting while grilling the lobster or seafood of choice.
- Use the remainder as a dipping sauce, served with the lobster or seafood of choice.
This butter is wonderful! I feel this butter would be excellent on either lobster or shrimp, as Bobtail suggested. However, I plan to use it on fresh steamed green beans. I believe this butter would be an excellent complement to almost any seafood or vegetable. Thanks Bobtail!