Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful dish to be served at a brunch. The sour cream in the eggs adds a real rich flavor, and the scallions add the perfect hint of onion. Please feel free to use any cheese or combo of cheeses that you, or your family prefers. Pepper jack or Swiss might be nice alternatives to the ones I listed below. I served this for our Mother's Day brunch this year and it went over real well!
- 226.79 g asparagus, trimmed,cut into bite size pieces,and blanched
- 453.59 g of your favorite cheese, coarsely grated (I like ¾ cheddar and ¼ parmesan)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- Add asparagus and scallions along bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top asparagus with cheese mixture of your choice Wisk the eggs with the sour cream until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour beaten eggs over the cheese, and tap the baking dish gently, yet firmly on counter to get out any air bubbles.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes, or until eggs are set.
This is so simple to make and was a big hit! I easily halved this for our smaller crowd, using an 8x8" pan. I used the suggested cheddar and Parmesan mix, which was great. I used fat free sour cream and omitted the salt. Thanks for sharing!