Recipe by Auntie Jan
Delightful and yummy potato salad with a different twist of vinegar and sour cream as ingredients.
Top Review by Maito
Very yummy! I used bacon bits and duck fat, since I had it. It gave it a great flavor. I thought it might need more liquids, but I didn't want to overwhelm that flavor, and it was fine.
- 6 slices bacon (or 3 for diet conscious)
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 lbs tiny new potatoes, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped scallion top
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp.
- Transfer with tongs to paper towels to drain.
- Pour fat from skillet into a measuring cup and reserve.
- Coarsely crumble bacon.
- Pour vinegar into a large bowl.
- Put potatoes in a 5-quart pot, covered with cold water by 2 inches.
- And simmer, uncovered until tender, 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander.
- Rinse slightly with cold water.
- When potatoes are cool, quarter them.
- Add them to bowl as cut, tossing to coat.
- Add 1 tablespoon reserved bacon fat and remaining ingredients.
- Toss and combine well.