- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) tomato can cold water (more or less to desired thickness)
- 4 ounces grated romano cheese
- 12 ounces olive oil
- 10 ounces diced onions
- 1 ounce chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 ounce chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 ounces cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil until hot but not smoking. Add onions and saute until.
- almost browned. Add garlic.
- When garlic is brown, de-glaze pan with sherry. Add parsley and stir.
- Add tomatoes, water, cheese, and spices. Mix well.
- Bring just to boil and simmer one hour.