Recipe by Linky
According to Healthy Latin Cooking, this tangy, spiced salt is an indispensable seasoning in Puerto Rico. Unlike commercial mixes, this has no MSG. Sprinkle sazon on meats and seafoods, or use as table salt.
- 1⁄4 cup cumin seed
- 2 tablespoons white peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 3⁄4 cup salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small, dry skillet, combine cumin seeds and both kinds of peppercorns.
- Roast over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until lightly toasted & fragrant. Transfer to small bowl to cool.
- In a spice mill or with a mortar and pestle, grind the roasted spices until they are a fine powder.
- Stir in salt, garlic powder and oregano.
- Store sazon in airtight containers in cool, dark place.