Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not all sazon is dry like Sazon Dry Spice Mix. This is Dominican Sofrito, also known as Sazon. It is a mixture of herbs and vegetables that is used to dress up all manner of edibles. It can be made from fresh produce and used on rice, bean, fish, chicken or meat dishes.
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, washe dried and most stems removed (1/2 cup tightly packed leaves)
- 1 bulb of garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Refrigerate leftovers.