Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A digestif, meaning intended to be served after-dinner to aid digestion. Originated in New Orleans. Hate rye whiskey so we make ours with bourbon.
- 1⁄2 ounce Pernod
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 1⁄2 ounce simple syrup (2 parts sugar, 1 part water)
- 2 dashes bitters
- 1 lemon twist
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse a chilled glass with Pernod (to rinse a glass with liquor, pour ½ oz of spirit into the glass, swirl the spirit around inside of the glass so that the entire surface of the glass’ bowl has been coated; then discard the rest of the spirit).
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice; add in bourbon, simple syrup and bitters.
- Shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds.
- Strain the drink into the glass; garnish with a lemon twist.