Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Seasoned salt is used to flavor rice, beans, meats, soups and stews, etc. MSG and food coloring free. 1 1/4 tsp equals one packet of "Sazón" Note: This recipe can be made "salt free" by omitting the salt. The amounts given are approximations. You can adjust the amounts/ratios of ingredients to suit your own tastes.
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated tomatoes (powder)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely minced dehydrated, red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon ground annatto seed
- 1 tablespoon mexican saffron (optional)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric (optional)
- Stir all ingredients together until they are evenly combined.
- Spoon mixture into a glass jar/container, and cap tightly.
- Store the sazón in a cool, dry, dark place.