1 hr 10 mins
This is a very tasty meatloaf! I have tweaked this recipe and have adapted it to suit our tastes.. We really like meatloaf, and are always trying new versions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin is ok)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2-3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (please don't use the green can stuff)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (can use red wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce (your favorite Marinara sauce)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat and add the peppers, onions and garlic. Saute until just soft, remove to a plate and cool.
- 3When the peppers and onions are cooled off, combine them and all of the remaining ingredients together except the Marinara sauce and the shredded Mozzerella. Mix well, but do not overwork the meat.
- 4Spray a small rack, (such as a cooling rack for cookies) with Pam, and place on a cookie sheet.Take equal amounts of the meat mixture, and form one half of it into a bottom half. Place on the rack. Evenly distribute the shredded Mozzerella onto the bottom half of the meat mixture. Take the remaining meat mixture and form into a top half, and place on top of the Mozzerella.and seal up all of the sides, so that the cheese will not run out.
- 5Top with the Marinara sauce, making sure to evenly coat the top.
- 6Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a instant read thermometer registers 160 °F. in the middle of the meat loaf.
- 7Remove from the oven, and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Say Yes to Italian Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.6
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 221.6 mg
- Sodium 1813.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 42.4 g