Recipe by Candace Michelle
I found this recipe and added a few extras for a replacement to one of my favorite sides, green bean casserole! Its a nice change for those who are, like me, used to the regular old green bean casserole (even though I still love the old faithful Campbell's soup recipe!)
- 4 (16 ounce) packages frozen green beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spicy mustard
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans.
- Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Remove onions from heat and stir in flour, salt, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 2 or 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Velveeta.
- Drains beans and fold into cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Toss bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle over beans.
- If you like a crispier topping, stick in oven on broil for 2 minutes.