Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The Saxons were in Romania in the 12 century and this was one of their recipes. This recipe is like baked macaroni and cheese. Use Cheddar if you don't like Swiss, and I added a bit of dill too.
- 5 slices bacon, minced
- 2 onions, chopped (I used 1 large one)
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed
- 16 ounces frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- Saute bacon; remove.
- Saute onion in bacon fat until translucent.
- Add garlic.
- Add thawed cauliflower.
- Add back bacon; mix.
- In another bowl mix eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper, paprika, and Swiss cheese; mix.
- Drain fat on veggies.
- Pour veggies into casserole dish .
- Pour sour cream mixture over veggies.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.