Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy and tasty casserole from the Junior League of Greenville SC...
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces small noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown the beef and drain well. Add salt, sugar, garlic powder, and tomato sauce. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and onion powder.
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Place half of the noodles in a greased 13x9 casserole dish. Top with half of the sour cream mixture and half of the meat mixture. Repeat layers.
- Top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
I'm really surprised that I didn't like this recipe more. I love all of the ingredients and expected this to be a big winner. I was really excited to find something easy that looked so similar to my labor intensive lasagna. I wish I could say I loved it, but the sour cream flavor was just too separate for me. I think that I would have liked better with 1/2 sour cream and 1/2 cottage cheese more. There's nothing wrong with the recipe, I think it's just personal taste.
Super delicious! It's a good thing I left the dish out in the kitchen or I would have been back for more than one refill! The cream cheese layer brings this over the edge, we loved it! I used Primo Spaghetti Sauce instead of tomato sauce as that is all I had on hand and I cut the salt back to a 1/2 tsp. Excellent dish that I will make many more times in the future. Thx loof!
This is just like a recipe I've made for years, except I add chopped green onions to the sour cream and cream cheese mix instead of onion powder. This version is just as good! Thanks for posting a great comfort food that everyone enjoys. Made for Zaar Stars tag.