Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southern Living this homestyle gravy is good stuff!
- 226.79 g pork sausage
- 59.14 ml butter
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 768.91 ml milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3.69 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml dried Italian seasoning (optional)
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, crumbling and cooking until no longer pink.
- Remove sausage and wipe skillet.
- Melt butter in same skillet over low heat.
- Whisk in flour and stir until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk gradually and cook, stirring constantly until thickend and bubbly (about 12 minutes).
- Stir in sausage, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning if desired.
This is a very good gravy recipe. I did use the Italian Seasoning and will probably substitute garlic powder next time.
it was ok... just not my cup of tea