Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
As the holidays approach, I am looking for more mixes to make as gifts. I am including the recipe, and some suggested uses. Enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
Instructions for making the pie (to include on the recipe card)
- 3 egg whites (& dry sawdust pie mix)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- To make the dry mix:.
- Place sugar and baking powder in small bowl and blend with a wisk. Place this mixture into a small heavyweight plastic baggie. Label it "Dry Ingredients".
- Place remaining ingredients in another bag. Label it "Sawdust Packet".
- Attach bags together and give with instructions for "Making Sawdust Pie" (be sure to include sawdust pie mix on your card- the site would not let me put that as an ingredient).
- Making Sawdust Pie Instructions:.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until foamy.
- Add "Dry Ingredients" from pie mix to egg whites. Continue beating until stiff.
- Gently stir in "Sawdust Packet" from pie mix.
- Place mixture in pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.