Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The kind of pie your grandmother's generation used to make. A delicious, old-fashioned type of dessert.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 unbeaten egg whites
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- whipped topping
- sliced banana (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place unbeaten egg whites in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, coconut, pecans, graham cracker crumbs and vanilla.
- Mix into unbeaten egg whites.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 30 minutes or until done.
- Serve at room temperature topped with whipped topping and banana slices.
the appearance and texture might have been slightly sawdusty, but the taste was pure yum. what an easy way to make a delicous rich and gooey pie. thanks