Recipe by BecR
Yum---these truffles taste sort of like an Almond Joy! Recipe found online, originally from Matt Amsden's "Rawvolution" cookbook.
- 2 cups raw almonds, finely ground
- 1⁄2 cup carob powder (or carob and cacao mixture)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all together and mix except for the agave and olive oil.
- Mix in agave and olive oil.
- Make ping pong sized balls and serve as is or chill for solid consistency.
- Note: The recipe calls for carob but that's mainly because carob is a chocolate substitute that is caffeine free and does not have a stimulant type effect. You can replace the entire call for carob with cacao if you wish -- .