Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
Low Calorie, Low Carb, Low Sodium, Low Cholesterol, Heart Healthy, Low Sat Fat & Healthy Weight. This quick braise of Savoy cabbage is flavored with caraway and mustard seeds. Make it a meal! You can make it in a flash - 20 minutes at the most. Great weekday meal! EatingWell Newsletter.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 cups thinly sliced savoy cabbage
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth or 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bottled roasted red pepper
- fresh ground pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add caraway and mustard seeds and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in cabbage and jalapenos and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and cover the pan tightly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until the cabbage is tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in red peppers and season with salt,pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes (if using).
- *Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours, then reheat gently on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving.