1/1 Photo of Savoy Cabbage With Bacon
Savoy cabbage is a delicious, & delicate cabbage. Here it's braised with bacon, white beans and sage making it a wonderful supper with crusty bread! Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon (preferably applewood-smoked)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 small tender leeks, thinly sliced (split, & rinsed)
- 1 large savoy cabbage, thinly sliced (core removed)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cups cooked white beans or 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon finely julienned fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons finely julienned snipped chives or 3 tablespoons finely julienned scallions
- fresh coarse black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1Cook bacon in 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 3 minutes.
- 2Use slotted spoon to set bacon aside; place on paper towelling.
- 3Drain off all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- 4Add garlic, crushed red pepper, and leeks to skillet.
- 5Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add cabbage, chicken stock, white wine and beans.
- 7Gently toss to combine.
- 8Simmer until cabbage is just beginning to wilt, about 3 minutes.
- 9Crumble bacon.
- 10Toss cooked mixture with bacon, sage, chives or scallions and pepper.
- 11Adjust seasoning.
- 12Serve immediately and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoy Cabbage With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 107.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: