Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I simply love savoy cabbage and it goes very well with the rice and the camembert cheese which is used instead of parmesan in this risotto.
- Prepare the savoy cabbage, remove the stalk and cut the leaves into small strips. Peel and dice the onions.
- In a large pot heat the olive oil. Add the onion dices and sautée them. Then add the savoy cabbage together with the rice and sautée for another three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Deglaze with white wine, let simmer for about two minutes and then add half of the broth.
- Let simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently and adding the rest of the broth by and by.
- When the rice has soaked up nearly all the liquid, add the red camembert and the butter. Season with dill and pepper to taste. If you want to you can also top the risotto with some chopped walnuts.
Great risotto! I enjoyed the savoy cabbage. Thanks! Made for Vegetarian Swap-June 2011.
For once, I followed a recipe (almost) exactly, and it turned out delicious. I did use red wine instead of the white and also just had regular camembert. This is a great dish that is easy and quick to make but turns out very tasty. I served it this as lunch, but it would also be a good side dish for a bigger meal. For us medium eaters, the amount seemed a bit more than three servings, but I don't mind having leftovers!
I never really enjoyed risotto before but this recipe is great! My husband loved the savoy cabbage in it.