1/3 Photos of Savoy Cabbage Potato Soup
This is what I came up with having to use up a big head of savoy cabbage. It's super easy to make and perfect for one of those chilly autumn or winter days when all you want to do is snuggle up on the couch with something hot in your hands.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, wash and dice the potatoes. Clean and wash the savoy cabbage and cut it into small and short strips. Cut the onion into slices and peel the garlic.
- 2Heat the oil in a big cast iron pot and once it's hot press the garlic into it. Fry with the onions for about 1 min or until golden brown.
- 3Add the potatoes and the savoy cabbage. Fry for another 2 minutes or so and then add the vegetable broth.
- 4Once the savoy cabbage has shrunken a bit, cover and let simmer for 25-30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- 5Season to taste and blend with a hand-held blender. The soup should still be lumpy. If it's too thick for your taste, add some more broth to it.
- 6Serve with oven-warm bread.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoy Cabbage Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.7
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: