Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) can baby peas
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine or 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sauté onion in margarine until pale and translucent.
- Drain and rinse peas.
- Place hard-boiled eggs, ground pecans, sautéed onion, pressed garlic, water, and salt and pepper to taste in processor.
- Process until desired consistency.
Since trying this for the first time about one month ago, it has become a weekly lunch dish of mine! I typically eat it with brown rice or simply alone. I also cut out the margarine by boiling the onion :) Oh so delicious and healthy!