Serve this tasty sauce with meat, fish, eggs and pasta dishes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan.
- 2Add the onion and garlic and fry until golden.
- 3Stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée, stock, mace and herbs.
- 4Bring to the boil, stirring.
- 5Reduce heat and cover.
- 6Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 63.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: