- 500 g beef steaks (I use cross-cut blade or topside)
- 3 teaspoons mustard powder
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar (brown)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Trim any fat from steak.
- Mix together the mustard, brown sugar, flour, salt and pepper.
- Rub mixture into the steak, and cut into large squares.
- Place steak in an ovenproof dish and cover with sliced onions.
- In a small bowl mix together the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and water.
- Pour the sauce over the steak and onions Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Check sauce during cooking and add more water if required.