Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Smoked salmon has such a rich and salty flavor that a little bit goes a long way in this sophisticated take on scrambled eggs. You can serve this with a slice of toasted bread, with a smear of cream cheese. Enjoy!
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4.92 ml canola oil
- 2 scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced (green onions)
- 28.34 g smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and pepper in a small bowl until well blended.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion greens and cook, stirring, until softened, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and cook until they just begin to set, about 10 seconds; stir in salmon. Cook, stirring gently from time to time, until the eggs have thickened into soft, creamy curds, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Yum! Simple and delish. Thanks for sharing this keeper, Nif. Made for ZWT9.
Sunday morning breakfast at it's finest ! Can you ever go wrong with smoked salmon ?? And easy peasy to make so I think it will become a work morning breakfast as well :) Thanks for the lovely switch from plain old scrambled eggs Nif ! Made for Team Tasty Tester's during ZWT #9 :)
I scaled this back for 1 serve though used a full ounce of salmon and more spring onion/scallion and served on a thick slice of wholemeal/wholegrain toasted bread and had a thoroughly enjoyable breakfast, thank you Nif, made for Went To Market tag game.