Recipe by Dee-licious!
This is a gorgeous version of the traditional Scrambled Eggs that we love in our house. Sunday mornings under the patio with lots of juice, coffee, hot buttered toast and our eggs.
Top Review by lazyme
Nice scramble. I love breakfast foods anytime of the day and especially like my eggs where you can add different things together rather than serve them separately. The herbs made these especially tasty. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.
- 1 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 4 large field mushrooms, chopped (or a handful of small ones)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch black pepper (freshly cracked is best)
- 8 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frypan over medium heat, saute onion and bacon until soft.
- Add tomato and mushrooms, and cook, stirring a further 2 minutes.
- Add herbs and stir through.
- crack eggs into a jug and whisk until just combined, add to frypan with other ingredients.
- Let eggs rest for 30 seconds, then scrape bottom of pan, lifting eggs. This forms the egg mix into curds. Continue doing this until the eggs are firm and cooked to your liking.
- Serve with hot buttered toast.