These are great served with soup or a salad. They have a lovely kick to them. Recipe doubles easily.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Add flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper and thyme together in bowl.
- Add 2/3 cup shredded cheese to flour mixture.
- In separate bowl add beaten eggs, cream and milk together.
- Add the egg mixture and jalapeno pepper to flour mixture.
- Mix lightly, dough will be very moist.
- Knead the dough lightly and roll out 3/4" thick on a well floured board and cut with 2" cookie cutter.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the tops of the scones.
- Place the scones on a greased sheet and bake in a 500 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- *Make sure to bake the scones in the center of the oven.