- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 fluid ounces white wine vinegar
- 2 fluid ounces white wine
- 4 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 ounce parsley
- 1⁄4 ounce dill weed
- 1⁄4 ounce chervil
- 1⁄4 ounce tarragon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the shallots in a little butter over a low heat.
- Then add the vinegar and white wine and boil until reduced to one third.
- Add the cream and cook gently for 1 minute.
- Mix in the butter little by little and add the herbs.
- Transfer to a blender and process until smooth or pass through a fine sieve.
- Return to the pan, season with salt and pepper and heat very gently to warm through.
- Serves with steamed fresh veggies.