Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cheesy rice balls great served with home made tomato sauce for dipping or pouring over. Bacon or ham could be added if you didn't want to do the vege thing. Very moorish.
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped black olives
- 1⁄3 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- olive oil, to shallow fry
- Cook rice until tender.
- Whilst rice is cooking whisk in a medium bowl, eggs, cheese, parsley, tomatoes, olives, pepper and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- When rice is cooked, drain and slowly pour in egg mixture, stirring quickly to prevent egg from scrambling.
- Cool mixture for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Place breadcrumbs in bowl.
- Dampen hands and roll rice mixture into 3cm balls and coat in breadcrumbs.
- In small skillet heat oil.
- Fry rice balls, turning as needed to ensure even browning.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.