Top Review by Hey Jude
This was good rice, nice and easy to put together. I was looking for something to do with ingredients I had on hand so I used a can of beef broth for the beef consomme and used my homemade chicken broth for the canned broth. Used Mrs. Dash for the salt substitute and that was a nice touch. Next time I'll decrease the amount of butter, the rice tasted a bit too rich with one whole stick of butter. Thanks Mille® , this is a good recipe!
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can beef consomme
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet and cook onions and celery until translucent.
- Into buttered casserole dish put alternate layers of rice, onion/celery mixture, and mushrooms.
- Add salt and a little pepper.
- Pour the two cans of broth over the mix and place covered in oven at 350°F for 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- If rice seems dry, add a little water.