Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Main dish pumpkin pie -make in a pie tin with a removable bottom for ease of serving whilst still warm.
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 2 tablespoons dukkah
- 1 large onion, diced and cooked
- 4 cups pumpkin puree (no liquid)
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Tabasco sauce
- sour cream (optional) or chutney (optional)
- dice the onion and cook- then cool.
- dissolve arrowroot in apple juice.
- blend in the spices, pumpkin and onion.
- It should be thick.
- sprinkle the dukkah onto the unbaked pie shell.
- fill the pie shell with pumpkin mixture.
- bake at 180 C for 45-50 minutes.
- allow to cool- serve warm with sour cream and chutney (optional).