Recipe by An_Net
This is also a nice supper recipe. They can be eaten as finger food too. For a stand up buffet you could cut the pastry into smaller squares with three pastry sheets making a total of 48 smaller portions. Serves 6 with vegetables or salad on the side.
- 3 sheets puff pastry, measuring 24 cm square (9 and 1/2 inches)
- 1 (250 g) packet Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 capsicum, chopped finely (pepper)
- 250 g chopped bacon
- 1 teaspoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw the frozen pastry and cut each sheet into four squares.
- Cook the onion, capsicum and bacon bits in the oil for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile warm the Philadelphia ceam cheese slightly to make it spread easier.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly over the 12 pastry squares but avoid the edge of the pastry by about 1.5 cms (1/2 inch). Evenly divide and spread the capsicum mixture over the cream cheese.
- Bake at 200 degrees Celsius (about 400 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 15 minutes.