Recipe by stormylee
A delicious side dish or an appetizer! Recipe submitted to Ruokala's web site by Heidi Väsäsoini. The roll needs to sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving, so plan ahead. You can serve the roll cold if you like, but I prefer it warm. Mmm...
- 600 g floury potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 3 -5 olives
- 100 g feta cheese
- 200 g cream cheese
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line an appr. 30 cm x 35 cm jelly roll pan with parchment paper (or foil if you prefer); grease paper.
- Peel potatoes and grate them finely. Mix grated potatoes with eggs and seasonings to form a batter.
- Spread the batter in the lined pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the surface of the roll begins to turn golden.
- To make filling: Chop red onion, bell pepper, basil leaves and olives. Crumble feta cheese, soften cream cheese, and combine all filling ingredients, mixing until smooth.
- Spread the filling on top of the potato cake and roll the cake up.
- Wrap the roll in foil or clingfilm and let sit in the fridge for a few hours to set.
- Reheat before serving at 225 C for 5-10 minutes. Slice, and enjoy!