Recipe by j.sugiarto
A great alternative when you are bored with those sweet porridges.
Top Review by Terri Newell
This was easy to make, and my daughter liked it as a change from her usual breakfast oatmeal. I used cup-a-soup chicken noodle flavor, and just made half the recipe. It made a very geneous single serving. I can imagine this being very tasty and filling after being outside on a cold winter day.
- 2 (25 g) packets soup mix, your favourite (I usually use chicken soup mix)
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water (approximately)
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the oats into a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Empty the soup mix into a measuring glass.
- Add enough boiling water to make 400 mL (or as directed in the package).
- Pour over the oats.
- Cook in microwave for 1-2 minutes. Cook time depends on the type of oats used, how thick you want your porridge to be, and also the microwave power. I usually used rolled oats and cook it for 1 1/2 minutes.
- I usually do not add milk when serving, unless I overcook the porridge and it becomes too thick :D.