Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious snack/ hors d'oeuvre. A left over from my mother's 80's entertaining menu!
- 250 g cream cheese
- French onion soup mix, 1 packet
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (, according to taste) or 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (, according to taste)
- Ensure that pastry sheets are defrosted.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Combine soup mix and cream cheese until well mixed and soft.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over pastry sheets.
- Roll pastry lengthways to create a long log.
- Slice rolls into 1 cm portions.
- Place cut side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over each portion.
- Bake until patry and cheese is golden.
- Best served hot.
- Excess/ leftover unsliced rolls can be frozen.
- Wrap in cling wrap and freeze.
- Fully defrost before baking, although they are slightly easier to slice semi-thawed.
How could something so simple taste so good? Thankyou this recipe was awesome.
This is such an easy recipe. They were even better the second time I made them because I rolled the pastry sheets around loosely to allow the puff pastry to expand more. Thanks for sharing KJ.
I made these for my husbands 60th birthday and they were gone in minutes.I used puff pastry and had to roll out the dough . They were quick ,easy and very good. Bernice