Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Savoury picnic muffins
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 80 g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 100 g sliced ham, diced
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 12 sprigs fresh rosemary
- butter, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C Lightly grease a 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well in centre. Pour butter, egg and milk into a jug. Stir to combine. Pour into well. Stir until almost combined. Fold through feta, ham, tomatoes and olives.
- Spoon mixture into muffin holes. Insert a rosemary sprig in the top of each muffin. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside in pan for 1 minute. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Place muffins in an airtight container. Serve with butter.
Outstanding! We took these on a camping/float trip and ate them all day... without butter. I didn't make them fancy with springs of rosemary but did include a pinch of rosemary with the egg/milk mix.