Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the 'Foodcourt' column by Anjali Velloday of the Weekend magazine.
- 1 kg mutton, cleaned, washed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons oil
For the marinade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 5 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 maggi vegetable stock cube, with onion
To be ground to a paste
- 7 fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoons tamarind pulp
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the mutton in the marinade and keep aside for an hour.
- Heat 1 tablespoons.
- of oil in a skillet.
- Add the mutton pieces and saute briefly.
- Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoons.
- of oil in the skillet.
- Add the ground paste and stir-fry until the oil floats on the top.
- Add the sauteed mutton and stir-fry for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of warm water and the stock cube and bring to a boil.
- Reduce flame to medium heat and stir-cook until the water evaporates, the stock cube completely dissolves and the mutton is well coated with the masala.
- Stir in pepper and serve hot with parathas for a complete fabulous meal!