Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great treat for breakfast, lunch or as a snack. These savoury pancakes are filling and guaranteed to satisfy!
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Gradually add in the flour, beating continuously to form a smooth, light batter. Add the salt and pepper.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips. Shred the basil finely. Chop the red onion into thin slivers. Crumble the feta cheese.
- For each pancake, pour just enough batter in a hot, oiled frying pan (skillet) and allow to cook gently on one side.
- Once the bottom side is just sealed, but not cooked, sprinkle over any combination of the feta, tomato, pine nuts and onion. Turn once during cooking.
- Soften the butter and blend with the shredded basil and serve as a topping with the pancakes.
- Alternate fillings can be used, such as chopped ham and red onion, blue cheese and walnuts, spinach with ricotta cheese, or whatever else takes your fancy!