Recipe by Baby Kato
Bake the potato dish right along with your roast or chicken. This is my family's favourite version of scalloped potatoes.
Top Review by Noo
OH WOW...HOW YUMMY?!!!!!!!!<br/>Made as written, except used Philly low fat cooking cream, which has a hint of cream cheese about it.<br/>Comfort food at it's very best, this was thoroughly enjoyed and the leftovers fought over!!<br/>A big fat five stars for you loof!!!<br/>Made for AUS/NZ RECIPE SWAP#76.
- 5 potatoes, medium, peeled and sliced
- 4 onions, medium, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sauté onions in butter until soft.
- In a shallow baking dish layer sliced potatoes and onions, and sprinkle with garlic and seasonings between each layer.
- Bake at 350° oven for 40 minutes.
- Add whipping cream, sprinkle paprika over top.
- Raise heat to 400° and bake 15-20 minutes longer, or until potatoes are soft.
- *For a tasty variation try adding 1/2 cup peas, 1/2 cup ham and 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese-- enjoy.