Recipe by Chrissyo
A marvelous quick bread to make for a lunch. A savoury melt in the mouth texture. This bread is best fresh from the oven. Also great to eat with Italian style meals.
Top Review by Sackville
Chrissy, this was incredible! It is super easy to throw together (I especially like the fact I don't have to let it rise) and tasted wonderful. I used black olives, because that's what I had on hand, but I'm sure it would be just as good with green ones. I halved the recipe (baking for just 30 minutes because it was a smaller loaf) but next time I think I'll double it!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup stuffed green olive, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/350°F.
- Brush a 20x10 cm (8 x 4 inch) loaf tin with olive oil and line with greased greaseproof paper.
- Beat the eggs until frothy and stir in the chopped olives, oil and milk.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together and add the egg mixture, stirring lightly just until the flour is combined; be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until hollow when tapped.
- Leave in the tin for a minute, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve sliced with a salad, or make into sandwiches with slices of cheese between.