Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe for an old fashioned goulash that I got out of one of those Betty Crocker cooking magazines you get at the grocery checkout. It is a real favorite!
- 1 tablespoon fat
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 2 small onions, minced
- 2 cups diced celery
- 5 -6 ounces cooked noodles, drained
- 2 cups cooked tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Brown meat in fat.
- Add onions and celery and cook 10 minutes.
- Gently mix in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer or place in a buttered 2 QT casserole.
- Simmer 30 minutes, or bake at 350*F for 45.
I followed the recipe exactly as written and the goulash was good. I do think the addition of some spices to jazz it up a little would make this a fantastic recipe.