Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
Savoury Mushroom Pie
Make and share this Savoury Mushroom Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into thick slices and cook in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes until the potatoes feel soft when tested with a knife.
- Peel and slice the onion and fresh garlic. Wash and chop the celery. Wash and slice the mushrooms.
- Drain the potatoes when cooked, then mash with a potato masher or fork and wooden spoon. Beat in the butter and grated cheese and season with salt and pepper. Leave in the pan with the lid on.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and fry the onion, celery, and garlic gently for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the flour or cornflour to a smooth paste with 1tbsp of the milk, stir in the rest of the milk and pour it all into the mushroom mixture, stirring over a low heat until the sauce thickens. Add the nuts, herbs, and washed, scissor-snipped parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring gently.
- Put the vegetable mixture into an individual pie dish. Top with the cheesy potato and fork the top decoratively. Garnish with the tomato slices and brown under a hot grill until golden brown.