Savoury Mushroom Pie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the potatoes, cut them into thick slices and cook in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes until the potatoes feel soft when tested with a knife.
- 2Peel and slice the onion and fresh garlic. Wash and chop the celery. Wash and slice the mushrooms.
- 3Drain the potatoes when cooked, then mash with a potato masher or fork and wooden spoon. Beat in the butter and grated cheese and season with salt and pepper. Leave in the pan with the lid on.
- 4Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and fry the onion, celery, and garlic gently for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Mix the flour or cornflour to a smooth paste with 1tbsp of the milk, stir in the rest of the milk and pour it all into the mushroom mixture, stirring over a low heat until the sauce thickens. Add the nuts, herbs, and washed, scissor-snipped parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring gently.
- 6Put the vegetable mixture into an individual pie dish. Top with the cheesy potato and fork the top decoratively. Garnish with the tomato slices and brown under a hot grill until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Mushroom Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1030 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1018.5
- Calories from Fat 480
- Total Fat 53.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 595.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: