1/10 Photos of Savoury Muffins With Feta Cheese, Onion and Rosemary
Perfect party nibbles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the muffin mixture
For the cheese mixture
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 100 g feta cheese, chopped into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1You will need a 12 hole mini-muffin tin.
- 2Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add in the chopped onion and cook for about 5 minutes till its softened and then remove from heat and leave it to cool.
- 3Once cool, add in the chopped feta cheese and rosemary and season with freshly ground black pepper (there is no need for salt since feta cheese is quite salty by itself) and give it a good mix.
- 4Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6/400F/200°C.
- 5Next for the muffin base, sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- 6In another bowl beat the egg, then add in the milk and give it a good whisk again.
- 7Next, pour the egg mixture into the flour, using minimum number of folding movements (you should finish folding in 15 seconds and ignore the lumps in the mixture - do not overmix).
- 8Now gently add the onion mixture into the muffin mixture, folding in, as before, with as few strokes as possible.
- 9Arrange the muffin cases into the muffin tins them spoon the mixture into them.
- 10You may even spoon the mixture straight into the tins but they will have to be well-greased.
- 11Beat the second egg and brush the muffin tops with it.
- 12Bake them in the centre shelf of the oven for about 20 minutes, or until well risen and golden.
- 13Remove the muffins from the tins and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Muffins With Feta Cheese, Onion and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.0 mg
- Sodium 815.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 11.8 g