I was given this recipe from a friend. Fantastic low fat muffins ideally served with soup
Make and share this Savoury Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml self raising flour
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 stalk celery, chopped
- 300 g cooked cold mashed pumpkin
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- 1 small green capsicum, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 236.59 ml grated tasty low-fat cheese
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- cayenne pepper, for sprinkling
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Lightly grease 1 x 12 hole muffin pans (1/3-cup capacity).
- Sift flour into a large bowl; add vegetables, parsley and cheese. season with salt and pepper; mix well.
- Combine milk, butter and egg in a bowl; stir into vegetable mixture until just combined (do not over-mix).
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan holes; sprinkle with cayenne pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Cook in moderately hot oven, 190c for about 30-35 minutes or until cooked when tested.Remove from oven Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.
These are delicious, The only thing I changed was I used substitute egg replacer. I would suggest you to change a little typo in step 3 asking to add butter instead of olive oil. Thank you Diana the family enjoyed them.